Digital Project Manager
July 26th, 2019 15:10 by Mendel Witzenhausen
Digital Project Manager
Company descriptionThe fitness market is evolving, and the digital revolution has begun. FunXtion is at the front of this evolution, supporting clubs by offering a digital ecosystem that is tailored based on their needs. FunXtion can be found in over 22 countries and expanding rapidly worldwide with both in-club experiences and back end content integrations. At Funxtion, we want to create fitness experiences that are playful, re-energizing, and central to daily life. We believe that Fitness has evolved and needs to be relevant to real life. Smart, efficient, engaging experience workouts are being sought out, and connected technology is expected. We help clubs to deliver these experiences to their customers.
Purpose of the roleFunXtion is looking for a Digital Project Manager to join our growing team. You would act as the product owner of various digital projects responsible for maximizing the value of the product resulting from the work of the Development Team. For this position, we need a person who can adapt and adjust to a company that is in a fast period of scale-up.
We need someone who can divide their time between the customer, internal organization, and the development teams — bridging the link between the Funxtion and stakeholders. Key role tasks include stakeholder management, mapping features in the backlog, and refining them.
Deliverables / Tasks
- Prepare and execute integration projects while ensuring full stakeholder consultation and alignment.
- Manage the timely execution of proofs-of-concept, and collaborate with the development team to ensure progress and deliver sellable products.
- Accountable for the product backlog.
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next.
- Manage prioritization of the innovation backlog based on your strategic understanding and vision of the market.
- Ensuring the Development Team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed.
- Keep in touch with the (FunXtion) innovation space to follow key trends and drive new ideas in the innovation funnel.
- Ability to define the definition of ready and definition of done
- Work with design & marketing team to create requirements and the capability to work with architects, designers, and developers to understand the impact on requirements
- Scope and build an internal development team
Critical Competencies - skills and abilities required for the role
- Experience with Scrum and Agile ways of working
- Ability to define business value for each feature depending on strategy and vision and then set acceptance criteria for those business goals for the feature.
- Manage the backlog process efficiently and effectively.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Able to communicate with both technical and commercial staff at all levels in the organization, including senior management and clients.
- Quick re-learner; who can manage own time, workload, and conflicting priorities.
- Entrepreneurial and scale-up mindset.
- Team player, who supports the team and puts the team and business objectives first.
- Understand Innovation and its specific product development process behind.
- Take a pragmatic and professional approach, being constructive and solution-driven appropriate solutions in the best interest of the business.
- Able to work in a role that combines both strategic and operational tasks in a highly dynamic organization.
- Strong analytical skills, able to effectively process and structure large amounts of information, and build a product vision.
- Basic development understanding (Json, Laravel, HTML, Jira ticketing system).
- Understanding or affinity of the Fitness Industry is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Product Owner, Innovation Manager.
- Relevant working experience with a digital ecosystem.
Other significant role requirements
- Graduated at least at bachelor level.
- A good understanding of product management & innovation management processes.
- Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written).
- Fulltime availability strongly preferred minimum requirement of working 32 hours.
Any questions or queries can be directed to the mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 23rd August EOD.